Tuesday 29 May 2012

Shortly after my last blog entry I received a call from my father who told me matter of fact that doctors had found a growth in his liver the size of an orange. Being an up beat kind of a fella he then told me how he planned to beat fight and shrink this cancer.

Fight it he did ! Sadly he died on the 29th March . In an effort to sustain his life he even gave permission for doctors to amputate his leg shortly before he passed. Its been a brutal  4 months for my Mum and family. Finishing what you started was my old mans big thing. As well as arriving at Southampton general by helicopter and telling everybody about it he was very proud of my around Wales kayak expedition and all the nurses were told about my plans to kayak  around the UK.

The New start date for our trip is March 29th 2013. We are watching and learning from all the good people on the water at the moment. Myself and Eurion are now back in serious preparation. This one is for you Dad.







4 comments:

  1. Glad you're still going to have a crack at it. By the time the start date arrives you'll both be like coiled springs. You are still welcome to borrow all my charts, they are here waiting for you if you want them. Good luck, best wishes,
    Barry and Justine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry to hear your news Paul, we wondered if something had happened. If I, or the other guys in the Midlifekayak team, can be of any assistance at all to you in your preparations then please let us know and we will all be delighted to help. Our sincere condolences to everyone affected.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. Really enjoying following you !

      Delete